If you’re interested in trying edibles, it’s important that you educate yourself on edible potency and their side effects. The following article is designed to help a casual cannabis consumer safely consume edible products.
Quick Overview on Cannabis Edibles
One misconception surrounding edibles is that they are comparable to dried cannabis flowers. Edibles are manufactured with purified oil from cannabis plants, which allows the psychoactive agent, THC, to take effect through the metabolic process, rather than directly entering the bloodstream through smoking or vaping.
Edibles, by definition, are cannabis products that you ingest. There are a number of ways which edibles can be manufactured and packaged including:
- Baked Goods (brownies, cookies, truffles, cupcakes, etc.)
- Pills (THC and CBD)
- Candy (gummies, lollipops, hard candies)
- Oils (CBD and THC)
- Liquids (water bottles and sodas)
Its THC/CBD content determines the strength of an edible product. However, the product itself is indicative of the affects you will feel. For example, if you were to eat an edible hard candy, you’d likely feel the effects of the edible much quicker than you would with a cookie; however, the effects of an edible cookie will last much longer than the effects of hard candy.
Purchasing Edible Products
While shopping for edibles at Day Tripper, make sure to ask a customer service representative for advice, especially if you’re a beginner. Here are a few things to bring up:
- Product Potency – Make sure you ask about the potency of edibles so you can find the right product for you. The recommended starting dosage for any edible is no more than 10mg; however, it would be wise to start with 5mg edibles to test your tolerance.
- Product Size – Never shop for edibles based on their size. Small brownies and cookies may seem ideal. However, small products can still pack a punch that you may not be prepared for. Ask a customer service representative if you’re unsure of a product’s cannabis content.
- Setting – for individuals unfamiliar with the edible experience, it’s important to consume them in a comfortable setting. Consume them at home or at a friend’s house, just make sure you choose a place where you feel safe and can relax. Furthermore, it would be wise for you to consume edibles on a day where you have no other plans so that you can experience the effects in full.
It’s common for first-time edible users to feel ill after consumption- it would be wise to have a bucket or toilet around you in case you get sick. It’s really important to know that you cannot overdose on cannabis products – you will be okay! If you feel mentally unwell in your setting, try distracting yourself by watching a show on Netflix or step outside for a breath of fresh air.
If you end up taking edibles at a friend’s house or in public and you feel unwell, make sure you arrange a ride to take you home – do not, under any circumstances, operate your vehicle while under the influence of cannabis products.
For more information, feel free to contact Day Tripper today.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.